Happy New Year! My due date is now just two months away and things are starting to get real. Here’s an incomplete list of what’s going on with that.
- Hip pain in the morning from having to lay on one hip or the other all night with the equivalent of a 20-something-pound bowling ball strapped to my abdomen.
- Aching feet (and, occasionally, calves) from weighing 25 pounds more than I ever have before.
- Upper abdominal pain (especially on my right side, where my liver happens to be), because the baby is upside-down and likes kicking me there. (Don’t worry, I’ve talked to the doctor about this and it’s normal.)
- Abdominal muscle strain, due to my abs stretching and, possibly, tearing.
- Nighttime leg cramps, causing brief, shooting pain in my calves.
- General aches and pains in my back. Fortunately, these haven’t been too bad yet.
- There’s probably more than that. Overall, though, I’ve been lucky and feeling good compared to many others!
- I am going to have to deliver this baby and I’m totally not ready for it.
- What if something happens to my baby?
- What if something is wrong with my baby?
- What if I go into labor early?
- What if I fall down the stairs (or have some other collision) and hurt my baby?
- What if my baby stops kicking?
- What if I have trouble breastfeeding?
- Oh man, there are so many more…
- OMG, I’m gonna have an adorable little baby! I know I’m very hormonal right now and, biologically, my body is psyching me up to be a caregiver, but I can’t help but be super excited about meeting my little boy. I’m gonna be a mom! How very cool. And Eric is going to be a great dad. We just can’t wait!
Just two more months to go! Next time: How my insane writing goals for the next two months are going. (Spoiler: Not bad!)